Google+

Time for Mail


Yesterday was a hard day. We decided the time had come to put our beloved cat, Simba, out of his misery. He was 17-years-old and had been sick with probably cancer for over a year. The last few weeks he had gotten much worse, so we knew it was time. We will miss him dearly.



However, I have been thinking of a craft for Hazel. She loves to get mail and is always giving me things to mail to her loved ones (Mimi and Pop, aunts, cousin, Ian, etc.). I am going to use two empty diaper boxes to make a post office box and a shoe box to make a home mail box for her. Then I'm going to use the idea posted at Domestic Dork to make mail. I may try some envelopes with only the front side covered so she can still use the envelope. I'm going to play around with this to see what will work. I'm thinking clear contact paper instead of laminating, but I need to test it. Anyway, I'm going to have Hazel help me paint the boxes today for the mailboxes. I will post pictures after it is done.

I hope you are having a wonderful day enjoying the sunshine!
Carrie