Google+

Summertime: The Coloring Book of Cards and Enevleopes

Disclosure: Candlewick Press gave me a copy of this book free of charge to review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.



Today is the summer solstice. In honor of the official start of summer I am sharing with you a fun coloring book. This book is perfect for making summer party invitations, thank you notes, camp stationary or just write to you friend or pen pal. The cards come in The Coloring Book of Cards and Envelopes: Summertime illustrated by Rebecca Jones. 

This book has 24 cards and matching envelopes to color and mail. There are stickers in the back to close the envelopes. The cards and envelopes are square, so they do require extra postage, but they are so fun to color and send. Hazel does not usually let me color too many of them from this type of book. She LOVES them. We have had the pleasure of reviewing the Nature and Christmas books already. The first card she colored from Summertime she mailed to my sister before I could get a photograph. She was so excited to get this book!! I have worked on two cards and one envelope thus far. The themes in the book include the ocean, flowers, bugs, and more. My first one includes sea life in the shape of a star. As you can see from the photos I still have some coloring to do though on it. 

The outside of the card has the design in a star. The inside of the card has slightly larger of some of the items from the front and so does the envelope. The inside of the envelope has small items from the card for the liner. However it can get a bit boring to color the inside of the envelope. 
The back of the cards always have a little design to color and sign your name. Here is a close-up of the front of this card.

My second card is flowers and bees. 

The inside of the card looks like this.

I love how it came out. Now I need to work on the envelope. What do you think?



The cards are two per page. They need to be cut with scissors. They fold in half as well to make the square. The pages are thick and a good quality. You do not need to worry about colors bleeding through. So to have your thank you notes, party invitations and written communication check out this fun book!!